Thursday, January 12, 2012

beauty through others.


A dear friend of mine wrote me a sweet text message recently. He said " Oh and like it or not, you were put on this earth to make people feel beautiful". It was simple and sweet but floored me at the same time. All I want is to show people how beautiful they really are. While I am grateful I get to do that through photographs, I also get to do that every day through relationships. I know what makes me feel beautiful. It's not when a guy says he thinks I'm pretty or a friend tells me I am having a good hair day, it's when I am reminded that I am loved. 

My best friend growing up would always laugh at me and the intense sentimental side of me that I have always had. I don't hold anything back...I like sharing my emotions with others. So when our birthday month of April rolled around and I would hand her my present to her with the card adorned on top..she would always laugh because there would be a novel inside. Really...had that much changed from our 12th to 13th birthday? No...but my love for her had grown significantly every year and I believed it was important for her to know. It was something I was never ashamed of...everytime she opened her card, she knew she would have a heartfelt message telling her how grateful I was for her and hopefully feeling very loved and very beautiful. This is something that I have learned to bring into my every day life...reminding others how much I love them and care for them and hopefully that shows them how much Jesus loves them.

There isn't a day that goes by that I don't feel beautiful...and I can understand how vain that can sound...but give me a second. Beauty seriously comes from the inside and it comes from your heart. To love and be loved is a beautiful thing and I have learned, through alot of low points in my life, that I am loved no matter what by God. The love He has for me is unconditional and so undeserving. When someone loves you...all you want to do is love them back and love on everyone around you because its the best feeling in the world. 

And that is why I have been put on this earth...to love others like He loved me first. It's not easy but it's the best duty one could ever have. Thank you to my friend for reminding me why I was put here on this earth. The opportunity I have been given to be able to document people is one I cherish but I also cherish the fact that I get to interact with people and remind them that they are truly loved and ultimately the most beautiful person in the eyes of their Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment