Sunday, January 29, 2012

Getting antsy.

In less than 1 week I will be in Uganda. 
In less than 1 week my life is going to change radically.
In less than 1 week I am going to see God in a way I never have before.

Friends, I am so excited. I'm all immunized and ready to go. I even have a little pile of clothes that I have been placing to the side in anticipation to pack right next to a couple of books and my malaria medicine. 

I keep going back to James 1:27 in my bible. 


I plan on living out this verse to the extreme while I am in Uganda.

It's amazing that this opportunity has even happened. There are times when I think back on how lost I felt just a month ago when thinking about how the future would play out and how badly I wanted to go to Uganda, but was unsure of when it would happen. 

This is my beautiful friend Sara that I get to embark on this adventure with. You should follow her blog and learn more about her AMAZING story here :  http://ssdowning.blogspot.com/
Photobucket






Sara mentioned this in on of her most recent blog posts..for me to be able to go with her now... it's truly a miracle. I want and need to be there for my friend during this amazing and emotional adventure. I want and need to be there for others to help and document the adoption process and way of living to raise awareness. I want and need to be there for myself.  But most importantly I want and need to be there to help and love on the people of Uganda to remind them that Jesus loves them...although I am sure they will be the ones reminding me more than I do them. 

Maybe this is something that ignites something in your own heart. Maybe you aren't exactly able to travel thousands of miles right now to visit the villages of Uganda and help out in the orphanages...but you ARE still able to help.  Sara and Shane have designed an awesome shirt and all the proceeds go to the adoption/orphan care. We are also hoping to fundraise at least $1000 to bring to the nursery to help purchase a dryer for them! If you would like to purchase a shirt or donate money for the nursery, please seek the information down below. 

I hope to be able to update while I am in Uganda...although I plan on getting to know the locals and dive into the culture more. =) I will have SO much to share when we return! 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Mary!!! I am getting antsy for you too! I am blown away by this amazing opportunity that has opened for you. God is sure showing off his love and plan for you girl :) The way you answer God's call is something so special and inspiring. You inspire me to walk purposely as an answer to God's voice calling me out. You are a beautiful picture of the love of Christ, and I am so honoured to call you friend :) Praying you and Sara have the MOST incredible time! xo

    ReplyDelete