Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Gods smile.

A few people had told me recently that they had visions of me standing in the midst of a lot of children...hugging, smiling, laughing. Their visions have come to life to say the least. I love hearing the yell of "Mzungu" (white person) from little kids from a distance...I eat it up. I wave, they wave right back with smiles. I motion for them to come near and they run up to me without any hesitation. They grab my hand and look into my eyes with love. They play with my funny looking hair and love when I tickle their noses with it. They love being chased and chasing me right back. And oh man....how do they LOVE the camera! The Ugandan children are such hams...I have learned more about posing these last few days than I have in the last 4 years of my career as a portrait photographer.

There is just SO much love within these childrens hearts and they live the simplest lives imaginable. There is community, there is joy and there is God.


8 comments:

  1. Mary! This post made me so happy. I am so excited that I get to follow your adventures on here. So so beautiful their faces and joy!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously. I have tears in my eyes. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what an incredible journey. i'm so lucky to get to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFUL photos, love! I am so gosh darn happy for you! Thanks for sharing. This photo gave me happy chills!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word this is beautiful! What an experience! What a story!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the only place you should be right now. This is perfect. I am so happy you are experiencing this!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful Mary ... sending love love and more love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cool! Im so proud of what your doing. ;) love you

    ReplyDelete